Damn, son, I like the way you talk! Eastern Kentucky is a unique cultural goldmine (especially our neck of the woods!) rich with heritage and traditions passed down for generations. Our language is no different. Southerners are known for using unusual idioms, and this week Erin and special Guest Justin Darnell are knee deep in Appalachian turns of phrase in this lightly NSFW episode featuring lots of colorful language.
In the Episode:
- Justin Darnell’s Appalachian Word/Phrase of the Day
- The most unusual idioms we’ve ever heard
- The curse/blessing of having a southern accent
- What the hell is “Blackguarding”?
- Game (kind of) “What’s this saying mean?”