Living in Rural Appalachia, we’ve got a few things in abundance; sass, grease, and freakin’ talented people!
In this episode, we are joined by the one and only Misty Skaggs, Misty is an Appalachian proud poet and visual artist with a style that is all her own.
In the Episode:
- Misty’s book “Biscuits and Blisters”
- Being part of 3 living generations of female artists
- Badass women in Appalachia
- Dying Appalachian customs
- Misty’s very resourceful writing and art practices
- A reading of the poem “Grease”
A big thank you to Tim Smith and Heather Oney!